The team at Hamble Yacht Services Refit and Repair are ready to winterise your boat to ensure it is well maintained and ready for the coming season. Based in Hamble, HYSRR are well placed to take care of all your boating needs anywhere in the Solent region.
Typically this process includes the winterisation of the engine, generator, WC and batteries. A thorough check of the alternator, starter motor, engine mounts, lubricants and underwater fittings. Outdrive service, cathodic protection and full gas system check where applicable.
There are many more options and for complete piece of mind it is worth talking to one of the technicians at HYS Refit and Repair to make sure your boat is professionally cared for.
Call today on +44 (0)2380 454111, or email the team on email@example.com
Typical package price for a 40 foot power or sailboat is £2,899 ex VAT*.
*this cost is an example cost, includes a maximum of 10 seacocks, lift out and four days ashore.
Please fill out the online form below and click submit or if you would prefer to download the PDF and fill it out manually please click here.
Note: Owners are strongly advised that, unless they have a suitable fitted cradle available, masts should be removed when a yacht is hauled for winter storage. All sails and dodgers must be removed from vessels laid up ashore during the period 1st October to 31st March.
HAMBLE YACHT SERVICES REFIT AND REPAIR IMPORTANT NOTES
- Vessels with mast (s) in place are more at risk in severe weather conditions. Owners are strongly advised to remove mast (s) for winter storage. All Sails and dodgers must be removed from vessels laid up ashore during the period 1st October to 31st March. On lift out, if sails etc. are still fitted, a removal charge will be made and may delay the lift out.
- All craft on trailers left in care must be immoblised and any attached outboard motors must be fitted with anti-theft device in addition to normal method of attachment.
- Whilst boats are ashore, no person is allowed to climb the mast or be hoisted aloft, or sleep aboard.
- Engines must not be started whilst the boats are ashore.
- If boats are stored undercover, all of the petrol is to be drained from the tanks.
- All rubbish, including discarded paint and solvent tins, must be disposed of in the skips provided.
- Engine Servicing – a charge of £5.00 will be applicable for the disposal of old engine oil and contaminated filters.
- A charge will be applied for the disposal of redundant batteries of £5.00 per unit.
- No welding, work with naked flames, or spray painting must take place.
- No smoking in the building or onboard boats.
- Only yard staff are allowed to move boat shores for whatever reason.
- All contractors to report to the Reception / Berthing Office on arrival and departure. Contractors to provide HYS RR with a copy of their third party liability insurance policy for a minimum of £5 million.
- Vessels being launched will be inspected for leaks at the time of launching before leaving our dock – no further inspection will take place unless specifically asked for – a further charge for this service will be made.
- LOA is length overall of the boat including davits, bowsprits, boarding ladders, sterndrives, tenders, outboards, rudders, anchors, pulpits, pushpits and any other extensions for and aft of the boat.
- The customer and any other person entering any part of our premises and/or facilities for whatever purpose and whether by invitation or otherwise do so at their own risk. No unaccompanied or unsupervised children.
- All visitors to the workshop must first report to Reception.
- Owners of vessels must provide own forms of suitable access onto their vessels once ashore. HYS Refit & Repair Ltd will not provide any ladders or staging.
- Ladders or Staging that are found not of a suitable nature will be removed on Health & Safety grounds.
- Your attention is drawn to our Terms of Business available on request.